1. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Plugs...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by got20z, Aug 9, 2018.

1. got20z

got20z 1977 XS360

See attachments--

These plugs were in my bike about a month and about 200 miles. It is a 77 XS360. It has been a bit hard to hot start but runs great while riding. Sometimes at idle it will misfire some but nothing major. Stock airbox and filters. MAC 2 into 1 exhaust.

What do you guys think? I have had trouble with the hot starting for a while but have tuned on the carburetors a lot and currently it will USUALLY hot start on about 5 kicks but it has taken 10+ at times.

I'm not a pro at this stuff but I'm not a newbie either but can't seem to get this figured out.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. TazioliBuilt

TazioliBuilt XS400 Enthusiast

You’ve got stuff in your gas. That’s normally from too much of a fuel additive or your tank is got the rust. New plugs are $4.75.

3. NewHavenMike

NewHavenMike 1976 XS360C

Youre probably too rich on the idle, and the condition of those plugs probably doesnt help.. Not saying they look bad though. The plugs definitely dont look balanced though. You need to check your valve lash and get your points/timing right. Then you need to sync the carbs.

4. BBS360

BBS360 XS400 Guru

I'm guessing the lighter one is from the right cylinder?

5. got20z

got20z 1977 XS360

No actually the first photo is the left cylinder.