Project Cafe XSpresso

jdizon

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the holiday season I picked up an 1980 xs400 from a fellow member. I plan to build a Cafe/Drag Racer. 37-38 deg rake, Mono shock, Cb160 tank and custom rear cowl. Here's a picture or blueprint of what I have in my head. This is my first time working on a xs400 so it'll take me a while to see what's available for this bike.

picture.php

Are you a welder or something? All of that can certainly be done. It will just require a bit of creativity and some skill.

Are you a welder or something? All of that can certainly be done. It will just require a bit of creativity and some skill.

I can weld but I can't say I trust my work with my life at this moment. Right now I have a friend I trust that I plan to take my frame for some TIG work. I plan to do all the chopping and prep work of course.

Last edited:
I look forward to seeing what you can come up with. You did great on all the other bikes.

Great job on your other builds looking forward to see what you come up with on your next one.:thumbsup:I`d like to know how you did those fins on the one gas tank,thats super cool and I have never seen one like it before.

Great job on your other builds looking forward to see what you come up with on your next one.:thumbsup:I`d like to know how you did those fins on the one gas tank,thats super cool and I have never seen one like it before.

They make all sorts of custom parts for the xs650. Unlike the xs400:banghead:

Thanks for the good words! The wheels used on the board tracker are indeed 21" custom round spoke invaders. The rear is a 21-3.5.

In the process of stripping the frame and decided to mockup with my old rapido, aka "toaster tank". Think I like this tank better than the cb160.

picture.php

Back