Pushrod Bushing

Fishwwc

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I've been troubleshooting an Oil leak from the left side of my motor, I think my clutch pushrod seal is bad, and from what I've read on the forum if the seal is bad then so is the bushing. I've carefully read over the procedure of how to install both the bushing and seal, seems like something I'm capable of.

However where does one find a bushing??? I've found the seal on a few parts websites.
If I can't find the bushing can I get away with not replacing it, or perhaps turn one out on a lathe?

Thanks
-Michael

Look at the parts diagram and and show us what bushing youre talking about.

Theres the pushrod seal, a pushrod, and two bearing balls on both ends of the pushrod that will roll out of place when you pull the pushrod out. Be careful one doesn't roll away on you. Your clutch will not work without them.

Behind the pushrod seal, is the primary transmission shaft and a needle bearing, which youll barely be able to see. None of this will come out of place.

It is a good idea to roll the pushrod on a flat surface to be sure it is straight. Inspect it for excessive wear and then smooth out the rod with a scotch brite pad or light sandpaper. This will prevent the new seal from tearing as its fragile. I will even put some grease on the rod itself and the outer diameter of the seal so everything installs easy. Push the seal in very gently and get it flush.

I was mistaken the needle bearing is the bushing I was referring to. I came across it in other threads regarding this clutch rod seal, they called it a bushing for some reason. I just ordered a seal and I'll be sure to follow your instructions, thanks!

Back