Rear Tire size for '82 Seca

pcream

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, just wanted to ask a quick tire question. I have 18" rims front and rear, but I need to replace the old 2007 tires that are on them currently, which are 90/90-18 front and 110/90-18 rear. From what I've been reading from other posts on the forum is that the stock rear is 120/90, but I'm curious when someone would use a smaller tire size, as most people usually go bigger. Should I buy another 110/90 or go back to stock 120/90? Thanks!

Stock was 4.10-18 which converts to 110-90-18 metric. A 120 tire starts at 4.25 and goes to 4.50 your 110 is correct.

Ahhh ok, thanks! Another question, do you need to keep the same make for front and rear? I was looking at Kenda Challenger's for the rear, but they don't have a front in 90/90-18, but there is a Kenda Cruiser in that size. I understand the front treads are completely different from rear anyways, so it shouldn't matter right?

If you can, but most of the time it's not possible. All my bikes have different make front a rear tires. It has never caused any issues for me. As long as they are both street tires your ok.

Back