Red line idle

Mattiaskro

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I recently put pod filters on instead of the stock airboxes and if I remember correctly it was running fine for a while but now when I try to start it, it starts fine but it acts like the throttle is all the way open and immediately red lines making me use the killswitch, how do I fix this. The engine doesn't start at all with the choke in and if I get the bike running and put the choke in it dies. Im planning to rebuild the carbs and bought a new gasket/ jet set, will that fix it? Help.

Never tried pod filters, but that always seems to be the problem with everyone that asks the same question as you. Could also be that you set the idle screw too high.

what jets did you buy? Did you get aftermarket ones or authentic ones? Jetting will not fix anything and shouldn't be used to compensate for another problem.. Jetting is for fine tuning once all the major problems are taken care of. Unless you really know what youre doing, youll only be more frustrated once you start ripping everything apart and jetting when you already have a huge problem going on.

Back