1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement carburetors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Robsteeler66, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Robsteeler66

Robsteeler66 XS400 Addict

Nobody knows anything about these? I'm surprised because not a lot of places have parts for our bikes. Usually, its members here who push the companies to make things. I might end up being the guinea pig on this one.

2. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

I can't remember anyone using this specific kit but a few have tried 30-34mm VM mikuni carbs in the past. Most had tuning issues and said they are not very street friendly. These are really intended for 2-stroke bikes or 4-stroke race type bikes where your on and off full throttle a lot. Not cruising the streets. The CV type stock carbs are perfect for street use as they give smooth throttle response. What parts do your stock carbs need. Lots of 80-82 sohc parts around as the xs650 from 80-84 used the same ones.

3. Robsteeler66

Robsteeler66 XS400 Addict

I just need to clean and rebuild. Haven't taken them apart yet, so I'm not sure what I'll need. I see so many rebuild kits look like junk though. If you know a good source, please let me know.

4. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie Top Contributor

Am sure someone will chiome in but have had decent luck with these guys........... https://www.siriusconinc.com/ but as stated if you need jets just look up jets r us...... only place to get the genuine stuff.......

And yes there are a lot of junk kits out there....... picked so e up for rebuilding a set of 110 carbs and ended up calling jets r us and everything was great after that.......