1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Riven Motors cafe build

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by motoTrooper, Sep 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. motoTrooper

motoTrooper XS400 Addict

I guess it would be tolerable compared to what weather you've got up there! I've an uncle in Stony Plain I need to visit sometime when it warms. I'm also getting ready to bring these last three motorcycle projects out to California when I finish moving. Then I won't have any excuse not to ride.

2. ScottLuke

ScottLuke XS400 Addict

Awesome work, great looking bike. Did you install the electronic ignition?

3. motoTrooper

motoTrooper XS400 Addict

Yup, very straightforward.

4. Great looking bike, mT.

I love the seat and the whole paint scheme. Your logo is real catchy.

5. motoTrooper

motoTrooper XS400 Addict

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

:bike:

6. witchman1989

witchman1989 XS400 Member

Peoria
    Nice bike, totally dig it! Only thing I dont like is the rear fender coming out the tail section....just looks odd to me! To each there own! Good build though :p

7. motoTrooper

motoTrooper XS400 Addict

IMG_0790.JPG So got busy finishing the cafe racer. Prepped and clearcoated the tank and tail, sanded and polished it off. Riveted the tail into place on the seat pan. Made some preload adjusters for the front forks. Finished lots of small detail jobs. Been riding it around the curves and hills around Palo Alto doing shakedown runs. Went up to Alice's Restaurant and showed it off. Skyline Blvd went all foggy shortly up a hill.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Blu and Jeff0133 like this.
  8. levdir

levdir Rounded bolt brigade

That looks lovely, bike and location both.

motoTrooper likes this.
  9. dgoodsy

dgoodsy XS400 Enthusiast

This is a cool bike and good thread! I wasn't liking the FZR seat at first but you tied it all together real nice, Good work. There are lots of little cool details about this bike.

10. motoTrooper

motoTrooper XS400 Addict

Thanks guys! Trying to pull together a photo shoot on the coast shortly. Better photos coming...

11. Brendan O'Carroll

Brendan O'Carroll XS400 Enthusiast

Uk
  12. motoTrooper

motoTrooper XS400 Addict

Thanks man, every single thing I did on this seemed like an utter crap-ton of work. Feels like it's finally done.

13. Flagg

Flagg Fabricator

Wow man, just bombed thru your thread. Fuck yes! Excellent work my friend! Your virago too, holy shit, I want to start a build like that. I used to ride a 1990 FZR600 was my first street bike as a teen. I dig your work dude.

14. Blu

Blu XS400 Enthusiast

Really like your bike man, tail section look great, good job!

15. motoTrooper

motoTrooper XS400 Addict

So finished the little beasty and took her to the beach for some camera shots...
    IMG_1294.JPG IMG_1346.JPG IMG_1321.JPG

spectra likes this.
  16. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie

Nice pics!

Will have to go through and read the thread looks like a good one.