Sheniqua after the year

nitrofish1

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Well, 2012 was good for me and Sheniqua. we rode just about every weekend when class and weather permitted. No real issues after a complete rewire.

However, in my usual fashion, and I hope this isnt customary, the very last day of riding season I leave work early to go for a ride. I pop the clutch because I was coasting through a backroads corner with plenty of gravel on it, went wide and quickly decided I would just ride it through the grass (I wasnt going very fast), however as soon as I hit the grass I lost the front end and she went down. Ended up pinching a wire and could not seem to get her started, and we got towed back to town, put away for the winter. Broke off a turn signal and busted the headlight, but fortunately, that was all that happened, as she went in the grass and not on the pavement.

I picked her up about a week ago from storage and am getting her some new parts for the next riding season. Also last year I picked up my next project, a 1975 cb750, full resto-mod cafe project. When its nasty out on my days off I will be restoring her, or else when I'm not out riding.

Looking forward to the new year and another riding season, but another crash under the belt has left me unscathed.

Cheers

With the tires on our bikes I stay off the gravel roads,Im hoping to go with more agressive tread for mike this year as there are some dirt/gravel roads that I must ride on the get to some of my fishing places I go to.I dumped my bike on gravel once and luckily nothing serious was done to it.I dont want that to ever happen again.

good to hear Sheniqua is still going well apart from the rider :D

joker makes some sick gear for the cb750 and I've even seen a 4 in 1 carb conversion

good to hear Sheniqua is still going well apart from the rider :D

joker makes some sick gear for the cb750 and I've even seen a 4 in 1 carb conversion

Yeah I will admit to it, going down was no fault of the bike, more fault of the rider and the road.

Kenda makes some pretty cool 'dual sport' road tires that I've seen on several other bikes, although the owners admittedly would never take their bike offroad. Some of these big bikes I couldn't even handle on the regular road, and I have no idea how people take them offroad, my most noted example being the BMW GS1200..... great bike but it boggles my mind.

The CB750 I picked up needs a full restoration, and I plan on tearing down the motor to give it some more power, however there's a degree of restraint to it as the words 'hot rod honda' and 'affordability' do not go hand in hand.... not exactly looking to mod it to the 1000cc big bore kit. Instead of doing that I'm looking to get my hands on an XS1100 instead, no mods required to go fast on that one.

My significant other keeps claiming year after year that she and her sister are going to finally go take the motorcycle safety course and learn how to ride, however it keeps falling through, but as she has set my limit to 2 bikes to keep me from going too crazy (is that possible?), I will eventually pass on Sheniqua to her to learn to ride on (if she can handle the 100whp of her :p), that way I can have 3 bikes but only have '2' :D

Will keep back here and update on all progress.

Back