Short introduction!

Scali

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Happy to see there is an active forum about these bikes!
I'm 27 years old, took my bike license 2 years ago, but the interest has always been there. So far I've had an Aprilia Falco, Suzuki Bandit 1250s, and lastly a Yamaha MT-09. Cost of ownership was a b****, so I sold everything but my gear and put the idea of bikes on the shelf. Until now

I was given a motorcycle a couple of days back, an old Yamaha from 1982. That was all I knew before I started digging around abit and found out it was an SX400. It's been standing in a garage since 2001 and needs some love, but I decided to take it on since it was free anyways. If anyone can tell me more about the bike from the pictures I would really appreciate it!

This is the first bike that I've owned that has carbourators, which is a bit interesting for a newb like me. I think this forum and the manuals that are listed will come in handy! I hope to be able to contribute as well as time goes on.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 389
Wow, nice score for a freebie! There is so much information on this site. I have found all my questions answered in multiple posts so if something isn't clear keep searching. I am also relatively new, but I have learned if you need a reply, post pictures.

Back