Shorter Cables Needed

formline

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 1981 with drum brakes front and rear. The cables are longer then I want since I'm putting Clubman bars on. The bike had tall pull back bars which are about 8 in. too long. Didn't Yamaha make a standard handlebar in the 400 series? I've done this conversion on two XS650's, XS750 and a SR500. A little rerouting and done. Too much cable and no where to go. Any #'s from Motionpro? Actually the 400 is going to be more of a challenge then the others. Well back to the rearset placement for now. Thank you for any ideas.

I just picked up a 1981 with drum brakes front and rear. The cables are longer then I want since I'm putting Clubman bars on. The bike had tall pull back bars which are about 8 in. too long. Didn't Yamaha make a standard handlebar in the 400 series? I've done this conversion on two XS650's, XS750 and a SR500. A little rerouting and done. Too much cable and no where to go. Any #'s from Motionpro? Actually the 400 is going to be more of a challenge then the others. Well back to the rearset placement for now. Thank you for any ideas.
Welcome!! We would love to see some pics of the 400, and even your other bikes as well.

MotionPro should be able to make any cables you need, but may cost a little more. Rearsets, huh? I'm assuming cafe build then?

welcome formline, you can get cable kits and make your own, i had to for the tracker build as I didn't know what i wanted, or where the cable will go.

look for the xs360 brake cables, they are shorter!

Back