Single backbone specs?

Jones

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,
Just trying to gather a few more things for my winter RE-hardtail and want to go to a single backbone down to the base of the frame. My question is, Does anyone the specs for the tubing size of the center tube for the backbone, and aslo if anyone know what degree of the angle that would be needed for the single backbone conversion. I have a 1981SH btw. I wanted to get the specs so I could possibly order a backbone from Travis.

Thanks

Pics of my current frame and pics of the frames I'm considering I found on some 650's attached.

Attachments

• 20130823_194137-1_resized.jpg
    20130823_194137-1_resized.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 468
  • 1980_custom_dropseat_chopper_bobber_3_lgw.jpg
    1980_custom_dropseat_chopper_bobber_3_lgw.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 495
  • 20131012_174734.jpg
    20131012_174734.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 479
  • bobber 11.jpg
    bobber 11.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 473
Hey,
Just trying to gather a few more things for my winter RE-hardtail and want to go to a single backbone down to the base of the frame. My question is, Does anyone the specs for the tubing size of the center tube for the backbone, and aslo if anyone know what degree of the angle that would be needed for the single backbone conversion. I have a 1981SH btw. I wanted to get the specs so I could possibly order a backbone from Travis.

Thanks

Pics of my current frame and pics of the frames I'm considering I found on some 650's attached.

I am not sure the exact dimension of the tube but it is in metric size. if you want to make your life easy and cheaper just use 1 1/4" tubing 120 wall. more than sufficient for an xs400.

Thanks lou. Crazy coincidence that I was just looking at your youtube videos while you were responding to my post. Nice bikes!! Think I might try that tank brazing.

Thanks lou. Crazy coincidence that I was just looking at your youtube videos while you were responding to my post. Nice bikes!! Think I might try that tank brazing.

thankyou! I love brazing, it is relaxing. you can keep up with more of my builds and such on face book at Louisbuilt Choppers. (just my salesmanship yapping, sorry!)

Back