1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Skillzmans XS 400 Cafe build...yep another cafe!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skillzman1, Dec 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Well after 2yrs of working on a bike that I never heard run..........its running...chased a few bad cdi units before I got it going....still some tuning left to go.
    heres a pic after todays session.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gentlemanjim

gentlemanjim More Wrenchin than Ridin

Very nice. What tank and front fender?

3. stock 77 tank...and chopped stock 81 fender

4. nico

nico 78 XS400-2E

Just finished reading the thread all the way through. Very cool build. As always though, want more pictures! lol.

But seriously bike looks awesome!

5. Thanks...more pics will ensue...I worked on it some more today...lotsa little things that take forever....mostly due to the fact that I tore it apart 2yrs ago....and things grew legs?!?!?
    Still have to find someone to cover the seat...want it done right....thats the only major thing left.
    going to get the valves adjusted,carbs synch'd by my buddy ...without him this wouldn't be close to running.
    gotta make a punch list of things to be finished.

6. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

nice, like the fresh colour, reminds me of those sweets, chocolate limes! MMM

7. volcomskater77

volcomskater77 XS400 Chopophile Top Contributor

Damn that color is awesome

8. thank you sir!!
    havent talked with you in forever!!

9. carreragt7

carreragt7 Noob to Motorcycles

Utah
    That is a sweet color! I have a similar green I'd been toying with. Green is one of my favorite colors, so much that everyone makes fun of me for how many green items I own. Just putting that out there in case you guys see my bike in green you know I didn't completely just copy this amazing color from Skillz. :)

What type of Yamaha decal/logo is that? Or is it a vinyl cutout? I bought some round gel logos but I kinda like the simple, understated look of your logos.

This is an impressive looking bike, definitely something to be proud of.

10. volcomskater77

I know I've been pissed at my bike so I stay away from the forum or just lurk. But now that I have everything to finish it, I'm more active. Kinda took a 5 month hiatus. Lol but its good to be back and to see that your nearly finished

11. carrera..I went to a local vinyl shop and gave them the dimensions I wanted...they had them in their computer
    volcom...I took a year long hiatus...I know what you're sayin

12. so i come home from work today and my new neighbor...a navy kid...is looking at my unfinished bike...wants to know "how much you gotta get for that bike?"
    and I 'm pretty sure he was serious...I said I probably couldnt take a penny less than $3500....he said cool..
    I might have sold it and it aint even done yet!?!?!?!
    suppose I should finish it and ride it at least once!

13. volcomskater77

so whats the deal? did you sell it? have you been riding it? i wanna see some fancy schmancy photos

14. gentlemanjim

gentlemanjim More Wrenchin than Ridin

Ride it at least once or you'll regret it forever.

15. Adot

Adot XS400 New Member

What kind bike is this? Is this an xs??

16. Man I've been sleeping on this thing forever. Sent it to a buddies house 2yrs ago so I didnt have to look at it anymore. More or less lost interest due to work and other hobbies.
    Suppose its about time I dug it out of storage and at least shoot some pics.