Sold / Found / Inactive - SOLD 1977 Yamaha XS 360 - Make Offer

Hank025

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Selling my XS360 located in Northern New Jersey.

Asking $2200 on Craigslist, but willing to take offers from the knowledgeable folks on this forum.

Pictures in the Ad:

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/d/morristown-1977-yamaha-xs-classic/7239901727.html

1977 Yamaha XS 360
Royal Blue
6590 Miles
Clean NJ Title in Hand
Engine and Frame VIN Number Match
Always Garage Stored
Good Original Condition has Typical Wear - no major modifications!
Original Owners Manual and Haynes Repair/Maintenance Manual

Many Extra Parts (not currently installed) including:
-Original Passenger Back Rest and Luggage Rack
-Original Exhaust
-Original Blue Front Fender
-New Stiffer Fork Springs, Fork Seals, Fork Oil
-New Turn Front Signals
-Harbor Freight Motorcycle Dolly

In order to blast around town the bike Needs: (otherwise it is not currently running)
-Turn Signal relay stopped working
-Front wheel stiff, bike has been sitting for a year
-Fuel and Carb clean

Buyer Responsible for Pick-Up, I cannot Deliver. Willing to work with transporter of your choosing

Happy to report the bike sold in just 8 days. There was a little negotiating, and I certainly didn't make a profit (never my intent), but, don't listen to anyone that wants to under-value the bike. I think its a classic!

You got to be kidding. Here in Texas you no way would get more than 1/2 that. Under 400 cc. is looked at like a minibike, not a real motorcycle. I've heard crazy things like that in Colorado too, people with more money than brains. A Honda 360 twin going for $2500 and silly stupid. I've turned down running XS650 Yam for free before. Got my '77 CB550F for free, needed a tuneup and slight fixing. Freakin' thing still runs over 100 mph easily.

I have seen 4k plus for far worse bikes. Free bikes almost never come up unless you make it happen or a friend gives it to you. Any bike has a scrap value. I would not consider a 400cc bike a "mini" bike. Had all my 400cc bikes at 100mph at one point. I picked them up for between $200-1k and they all need some amount of work. In my area any street legal that runs is going to be 800-$1000 easy and way more for nice ones. It's just a supply and demand thing. When a new SR400 sells for around $5k most of us just have to make due. Old vintage bikes are now getting all the money. If it's something you want then you will pay up. Remember the hodaka? I had two back in the 80's and paid $50 for on and $75 for the other. One ran and the other was blown. As a 12 year old kid with no money and tools they never really had much use and I sold them for what I paid. Now they are going for huge money!!

Back