some modded xs400's

Bike EXIF's standards seem to pertain more to quality of photography than objective quality of build, and that's fine if that's what the editor wants up there. It does seem to have a pretty hefty clout in terms of trendspotting and making though.

A bit too far? Drewpy, you are being overly generous. As usual they went over the top with the BS. The fact that they are influencing people and profiting from this kind of nonsense is deplorable. Both from a point of ethics, and because there are people who are ignorant enough to be fooled by their drivel.

I've tried posting comments in the past and none have been approved. Probably because I wasn't gushing praise. So much for journalistic professionalism. I've taken note of the advertisers on that site and am making a point of not buying from them. Not that I'm a consumer of fashionable items to begin with...

Well said dave, well said:thumbsup::cheers: My view on places like that are just to stroke the egos of the bikes owners and not much else. I can see why shops put bikes out on them to try and get some free advertising and that's fine. But if I want to become a hipster and show off my bike I will do it while I am out riding it for real and not with fancy pics of it all shiny parted in a ghetto on the bad side of town:laugh:

s-DSC_0232.jpg

An-Bu is one my favourite builders and they've got an XS400 build that I apparently missed when it did the rounds in December. Here are some more photos.

A lot of pointless exhaust plumbing went into that bike.

Not being sarcastic but, why? Maybe the "mufflers" don't really do anything and they wanted to create some semblance of back pressure?

I genuinely like the rest of the build…. mostly.

My guess is that they will say they were trying to increase the pipe length for tuning reasons. My belief is that it was done for aesthetics. The mufflers are probably nothing more than straight through "glass packs".

Of course aesthetics is the answer, as they are running open carbs. Everyone knows that, at a minimum, one would have tuned velocity stacks if performance was the goal...

this just dropped in my mailbox.

nice bike but the diatribe writing about makes it sound like it was written by an Ad man!!

xs400-macco-motors-1-625x625.jpg

all the bikes are AC and convert to DC and since when is an 8ah battery small?

rant over
:yikes:

this is for sale suprise suprise, wait for it ....£7500 GBP:wtf:

Holy f-ing high on crack batman!!!!:yikes: That's $11,500.

Last edited:
If that bike sells for that price, I'm going to have to change my stand on "Builders". I'm reasonably certain I could "build" a bike like that in less than a month, and probably under $1k. How does that old saying go? If you can't beat them (senseless), join them... <sigh>

7.500 GBP for a stock bike (or almost stock)... INSANE. It means if your bike will be presented on BikeEXIF you can ask 5000 GPB more... (good to know Drewpy:laugh:)

XS750 tank, custom tail section...trimmed front fender and some pipewraps...and voila...

7.500 GBP for a stock bike (or almost stock)... INSANE. It means if your bike will be presented on BikeEXIF you can ask 5000 GPB more... (good to know Drewpy:laugh:)

XS750 tank, custom tail section...trimmed front fender and some pipewraps...and voila...

I know, mine must be worth at least that now seeing as it was top 10 few years ago ;)

Back