spokes?

MrYeats

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
i need spokes for my 1981 xs 400. it is a 16 inch rim with drum brake. Does anybody have a part number or know the correct size?

The best place to get spokes is on ebay honestly; the guy selling them out of thailand labels his kits well with wheel size and brake type. The other sites that list the xs400 as compatible were not able to answer my questions about fitment with regard to different wheel and brake setups.

Thanks, I did end up getting a set off ebay, though they are not here yet. I hope they
fit as they are for a 79 xs400. Mine is 81.
Buchanans Spoke and Rim could make a set if I had a sample to send them but they were so rusted I had to cut them off.

don't forget there are two different angle bends in the spokes depending if they sit inside or outside the hub flange

Did you ever figure out what the spoke size was? I'm in need of a single replacement spoke and have looked at buchanon but I'm not sure what size I need. I have a 1980xs400 16" rear drum brake.
I also see some kits and partial spoke kits around for a 16" xs650 rear wheel and I'm wondering if those would fit as well. $35 for a partial kit seems better than $75 for all of them...especially when I only need one.

Did you ever figure out what the spoke size was? I'm in need of a single replacement spoke and have looked at buchanon but I'm not sure what size I need. I have a 1980xs400 16" rear drum brake.
I also see some kits and partial spoke kits around for a 16" xs650 rear wheel and I'm wondering if those would fit as well. $35 for a partial kit seems better than $75 for all of them...especially when I only need one.

Sent you a message I may have what you need.........

Back