Stator/Rotor removal

totalgearhead

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reaching out here, I am tearing the motor apart, I am currently stuck at removing the stator from the crankshaft. I have a puller, but the stator is on there 30 years better than new!! i notice a thread on the inside of the Stator that I could use as a Puller, but I need the thread size and pitch? anyone have this info? I will measure tomorrow, but may be left hand thread as well.....thanks all.

The "strator" your refering to is actually called the rotor. The strator is the windings around the rotor that give you your charge back to the battery. Think of strator=stationary. Anway there is a special tool made to get it off but you can get it off without it. I've never had to take one off myself but I know drewpy knows how to get it off. He will probably chime in soon

thread size: m16 x 1,5

Greets
Bernd

Attachments

• specialtools.jpg
    specialtools.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Thanks guys, I did measure it out to M16 x 1.5, so it's good to know I can measure! I had no luck finding such a bolt today. I did find a 6" 3 jaw puller, but quickly bent the existing bolt using it as a pilot. F*^K!

Armature puller bolt part no 90890-01111 $100.00 plus. Is there another solution?

Yes, do what the fine folks above suggested and buy a M16 bolt with 1.5mm pitch. Here is a link to one such bolt picked straight from the top of my search results: 16mm x 1.5mm
It's about 6 USD without shipping and taxes. With more effort, you can probably find it cheaper.

Back