Streetfighter build in progress - pics

Well friends it is nearly show time.

I finanly got my logo decals today and gave the tank its final clear coat - See below.

Going riding tomorrow, the weather is beautiful clear skys, light breeze and temp in the low 80's - Yipee!

IMG_2092.jpg

Thanks my friends. Video that would take a little learning curve. How do I do the Ytube thing? I'll hve to borrow a video camera.

nice paint job jim.

for you tube, save the vid file on your PC log in to you tube account and click on the upload button. while its doing it, just complete the tags so potential searchers can find the video!

As Gloria Estefen sings "From out of the darkness and into the light". Finito. Rode 60 exciting miles today. Riding impressions: quick, snappy, nimble - awsome. This is my 29th bike and I may have said this before, but its the best and most fun I have ever had on two wheels. My XSRoadster was a very close second. It's short geared I'm in 6th before I know it so I'm going to put a smaller rear sprocket when I replace the chain. Revs to red line like Jack Flash, stock pipes are modestly loud, but the intake roar is like a drug infusion. Took it out on the interstate as I reached an inclined overpass I hit 85 mph and she was still accelerating. The only thing that caused me to slow down was the wind on my chest, Need a flyscreen for that type of riding.

Enough bullshit here she is.

IMG_2098.jpg

At the Beach - 83 F here today

IMG_2095.jpg

With all the work and time in the fuel tank it should be able to be used as a nose cone on the space shuttle. Taillight is the stock factory one just mounted on the rear cowl and not on the fender. I tried extremely hard to do this build on the cheap without putting more money into it than absolutley necessary. Usually when I get done I spend about twice what the bikes worth.

Battery tray is just an xs400 or so the guy on EBay said. Its not the correct one, just a plastic tray from a different model bolted to the rear inner fender andt he front to the fram.e no magic there, I just hacked it and jammed it in there - works.

Last edited:
Hi Jim,

Very nice job you did there. What a bit of paint can do. Love your practical no nonsense approach and the rebadging of course. Actions speak louder than words:D

Kind regards,

Jan

Thanks all. It was a labor of love and the 100 plus miles I've ridden so far have been pure glorious. I'm planning a 200 mile round trip to Orlando soon once I change the sprockets (16:32) from 16:38, add a flyscreen and change the oil and filter again. Yipee:bike:

Hi Jim,

I you do not find a smaller rear sprocket, you could also fit a 17 teeth front sprocket. These are available. A bigger front sprocket also makes your chain run a bit smoother with less power loss.

Kind regards,

Jan

Jan,

Yes I know 17:35T is a stock available about the same ratio as the 16:32, 17:34T Rebel gears can make me either set up. I am hoping to go to a 520 chain save some more weight.

Back