Supercharging

why do you need the centre to centre of the rotor shafts?
It's mostly academic. That'd give me the rotor pitch diameter.
I'm trying to figure out how efficient the Aisin rotor design is. It looks like a cycloidal profile. Possibly less leakage, but only around 70% efficient for volume of air displaced than some other designs.
Might be possible to make a blower that moves as much air as the AMR300 in a smaller package.

Attachments

• Roots.jpg
    Roots.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 390
bought a couple of those pistons from Aliexpress. from a cavalry or Steed 600 (never heard of them)

should be a while to get then from china. liners next (is someone can give me the liner dimensions) I may get them made

Thanks drewpy.
I had to temporarily put my cylinder jugs back on but if all goes well I can have it apart again this Sunday and can get some liner measurements.

little update;

had the GS500 liners machined and the machinist also made a longer thread for the inner connector for the oil cooler adapter

WP_20160423_004_zps7bexdntv.jpg

You only need a pop off valve if anticipating backfires into the intake. As long as the fuel mixture doesn't get super lean when revving the engine up and down at high RPM (this is something that otherwise smart people do in parking lots, late at night, with lots of spectators), you will be fine. Since you aren't using fuel injection that could have a deceleration fuel cut programmed, you won't run into this issue. If anything, expect flames out the exhaust on overrun, if you decide to partake in the aforementioned late night antics. That said, a diverter valve may be used between the compressor and carb to prevent compressor surge when the throttle is suddenly closed.

Of course, if there are scantily clad females with questionable morals in attendance at any such night time events attended, I won't be held liable for any poor choices made. Or the resulting damages... [emoji6]

research has led me to get one fitted, most of the supercharged bikes (and cars) have them fitted, prob set for 10 psi if i'm running 7 psi

thanks to a member on here, Nick, just got another 400 engine to rebuild for my supercharging project.

things are moving on, slowly but surely

been playing in the sunshine today
seeing how the oil cooler adapter will look

oil%20cooler%20adapter%201_zpseag0lnq3.jpg

oil%20cooler%20adapter%202_zpshcjxpfys.jpg

looks like I'm going to run the inlet over the top with the carb inlet at the front, harley style

Looking good. How would the clearance be between the filter and the wheel?

Front intake is probably a good idea. Keep that air nice and cool instead of getting hot air from the fins.

Looking good. How would the clearance be between the filter and the wheel?

Front intake is probably a good idea. Keep that air nice and cool instead of getting hot air from the fins.
no idea about the front wheel yet, may have to get the 303 if its too long.

front intake will look cool as well as be cool :)

Back