Swedish xs400 bobber build start.

Haha.. Good eye Chris. The glue on one of them up during this winter and the new ones haven't arrived yet.

wath kind of tire you put on the bike
i got a xs 83 special and want to make a bobber project but i want a nice tire look because the original one a not realy nice and i very like your project

Got the new bars mounted.. Looks kinda off without the tank, but you get the idea..

blogger-image--992278192.jpg

blogger-image--190875585.jpg

Will be splitting lanes by tuesday (if I haven't fried my coils)!

These bars work well with stock wiring and cables for those of you that wonders..

which size bars are those? the 9" maybe? I love tcbros.

I have to get a Sporty tank to this one.. The one I've got sits to high (and it's for my other build so I can't really use that one).

6032967074_32e3d4d7b8.jpg

I figure if I throw out the original air filters and put on some pods, I'll have room enough under the covers for my coils, yes? I can't keep 'em here when I switch tank, that's for sure.

6032967008_44d8566b99.jpg

Also I took a look inside the lamp housing. :wtf: Wassup with all these wires? It's a frekkin lamp!!

6032968762_4ac39bba19.jpg

Also I'm going to get rid of the tachometer and mount my speedometer in the middle, where the lights for "neutral/oil" and so on is mounted now. A little work with the angle grinder would do the trick. The holes for the light housing in the picture below, is only 2 mm off compared to the orignal mounting holes for the speedometer. I'll just grind everything else on that mount down and rolling stones' it.

6032964704_e73c385766.jpg

How many pictures can one put in a thread on this board without gettin' kicked out?
Here's a tail light I found. "Deathscience Highwire". They make pretty sweet stuff. I'm definitely getting this tail light!

2146225.jpg

And yes, I've also got mr Simmons up on my wall today. One needs to be in spirit when chopping up a bike. :rock:

6032311007_4a99b0d124.jpg
when you took off the Tach and middle turn signal indicator. Did you have to close off any circuits? Or was it a matter of chase and remove the
wiring at the head light, and done?

cheers

Swedish xs400 bobber done.

Hi gang!

I'm from Sweden and I just bought a xs400 se 4g5 1982 after reading through this (and the xs650, amongst others) board. It has just under 30k miles on it an runs strong so I think it will make a good start for my build.

I'm going to try and turn this puppy into a bobber/trial mix. I've been kicking this idea around for a while now, and found the perfect bike for it.

Here she is as of this afternoon:
6019745868_4e204092eb_z.jpg

Is it possible to buy whole engine. It don't need to be repaired, I'll repair it myself. I have friend truck driver in Sweden and he could get it to me in Croatia.Im interested in electric wiring also. Thanks and greetings from Croatia.

Back