Swing arm pivot bolt replacement. Help!

dt1903

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if an 81 400 special swing arm pivot bolt will work in a 77 400d swing arm?

Been on the hunt for one for ages and this is the best looking I've found. On ebay.

Or if there is somewhere else I should look please point me in the right direction!

Cheers

The early ones were not greasable the later 78-82 were. I would look for a bolt that can be greased its a much better design:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC01966.jpg
    DSC01966.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC01967.jpg
    DSC01967.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 270
Ok thanks mate.

So the one I found on eBay is not one of those?

Anywhere else I should look if not? Other then here of course

Why don't you post the ebay link of what you are looking at so I can see. An 81 should work.

the non greased ones came about because there was some that fractured due to stresses (prob through slack bearings) so Yam came up with that design.

the zerk nipples don't flow enough grease in anyway and the correct way to grease is to strip!

That will work. My 79 had 25k on it before I replaced it only because the plastic bushings went bad:shrug: It was full of good grease and had never been taken apart:) Here in the U.S. only the 76-77 xs360 and the 77 xs400 had the non-greasable bolts. The p.o. and I would pump it full every 300mi or so.

Back