TC Bros Hardtail

PBR Hessian

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if their hardtail will fit the xs400? I am picking up a bike this weekend that is already stripped and I want to get the hardtail from them but not sure if the frames are the same or totally different?

Frames are totally different. Plus the axle plates are for 20mm slots and not 17mm slots.

I have 17mm axle plates and universal hardtail kits available if you're up to welding up your own kit.

Not bad, I have a guy here that can weld it up for me. How much for the the hardtail and axle plates?

I haven't officially made the announcement that I'm producing these yet because I wanted to do a little write up on what I'm offering and take some better pictures but oh well. Here's what I have for pictures for now.

Example of the plates... This one has 17mm axle slots, 3/8" laser cut steel, with tab

17mmaxleplates.jpg

Also have these styles available in 17mm and 20mm and with or without the tab:

allplatestabs.jpg

1" DOM kit with plates of your choice and slugs. These are extra long so you should be able to do at least a 6" stretch with the kit. I have 1-1/8" DOM kits too. These should work with the triple back bone on the XS400 since they are so long. You'll just have to cut two of the tubes real close to the bend.

1inchdomkit.jpg

Plates are $38 plus $5 for shipping. 1" DOM Kits are $140 with plates of your choice. Shipping should be between $25-30 depending where you live. 1-1/8" kits are $150 plus shipping. The reason these cost a few more dollars than some of the other kits you might see out there is because the DOM tubing cost more than double what ERW tubing costs.

Back