The greasey fingers build :)

How about welding a bloody long bar onto it and giving it some torque.

It may work or you may break something...

Either way take a video of it happening. :D

Do you have an air hammer? 3000 blows per minute will pop that out quicker than a few blows from a hand powered tool :)

Nah no air tools at all, I jiggered up the drill press and managed to drill a few holes through it...so im on my way :)

SCORE:

Mutilator - 1
Bike frame - 0

SUCCESS!!

She's out dammit :D So I ended up getting a drill press onto it and making a hole. Then I got a little hacksaw and weakened it by slicing it up a bit, hoping I could just smash it out after that, which I couldn't.

I used just about every power tool at my disposal to try and get this bastard out....drill, drill press, rotary tool, angle grinder. But looking back its not until I started to think outside the box that I yielded a result.

Then I thought of using the vice and putting a large socket on one end to go around the opening to allow the brake arm to come out, and a small socket on the other end to go inside the tube to force the remains of the brake arm out. And wallah out she came with no problems at all.

I think the vice would have just pushed it out without having to weaken it with the hacksaw or drilling it, easy to say in hindsight! I didn't think of the vice idea until after I drilled and hacksawed it. Because I am converting to drum brake I had the luxury of being able to destroy the part because I have the drum brake one to replace it. The frame has a few battle scars but that's what it took and ill smooth it all out.

Long story short I could have just pressed it out using the vice and sockets.

Anyway its a WIN im stoked, it was a real bastard to get out :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC07135.jpg
    DSC07135.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC07137.jpg
    DSC07137.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC07138.jpg
    DSC07138.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC07140.jpg
    DSC07140.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC07142.jpg
    DSC07142.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC07143.jpg
    DSC07143.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC07145.jpg
    DSC07145.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Huh you say that like you knew this the whole time! Why didn't you tell me before I hacked up the frame ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :laugh:

If you shined up the frame like the swing arm and left theres no excuse for another driver not being able to see you!Thats the first excuse people come up with when theres an accident.But officer................................................:banghead:

That would be tooo much work scorps!!! I don't want it that shiny bro lol :)

Ok the point of no return has been reached....

Attachments

• DSC07357.jpg
    DSC07357.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 294
And just set it up to start mocking up things, need to fit a seat and rear mudguard plus indicator mounts. So yeah need to get a rear hoop made with a kick up to suit the seat. Heres the basic look so far with the seat im going to run.

Attachments

• DSC07362.jpg
    DSC07362.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
scorps it aint gonna happen for three reasons. Polishing the frame for chrome plating would be a bitch, chrome plating a frame may not work well due to all the nooks and crannies finish may end up peeling in the edges and corners, and ive seen a bike with a full chrome frame and I didn't like it lol.

Hey Jray where you been man, good to hear from you again! How your build going? We gonna have to do a ride one day :) Btw I can give you the details of the chrome plater if your interested, he did my swingarm for 70 bucks but I prepared it 100% for him so all he did was dip it and didn't guarantee the results because I prepped it.

Back