The lightest xs400

I'm sitting on the can so I thought I might as well show you guys

Attachments

• IMG_00000133.jpg
    IMG_00000133.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 313
Got mine weighed the other day 320lbs With about a gallon of gas in it. The scale only read in 5lbs incements so :shrug: I am very happy with those numbers and it is about where I thought it would be. So now without putting a bunch of money into it to buy aftermarket stuff or losing function by getting rid of the rpm gauge and a lot lights I will leave it for now:wink2: I figure for the $500 total I have in it I did ok, that is why I call it my crap tracker:D

Last edited:
And to convert this English currency into some real standard, Chris got 144 kg.

Crap tracker or 'cracker' for short :laugh:

Is there any disadvantage you notice to riding without your chain guard? I'd like to drop mine too or find a more modern/sporty one.

No issues without the chain guard, unless the chain comes off:laugh: I had no chain guard on my xs650 and drove over 2000 miles with no issues. I took it off the crapper because the 130 rear tire was very close to it and less is more:thumbsup:

It will fling a little more but not to bad:wink2: p.s. Got rid of my tach today saved 1lb 8oz:laugh: Was thinking about getting one of those mini speedo deals but don't want to spend any more money:)

Last edited:
Grate post! I was wondering if anyone other than me take loosing all the extra stuff off the bike to cut down on pounds! Hey does any one know how many pounds=1hp for are bikes? Like others iv lost about 48lb but may get 3 or 4 back when i get the seat done.

im looking forward to seeing what my build will be, i think under 300 forsure

and you dont gain any hp... its just improving the power to weight ratio

If you mean hp/lbs then I think its in the neighborhood of 27hp/400 lbs for the SOHC. That'd make it 0.0675 hp/lb or 0.1485hp/kg. Even making small adjustments can alter your ratio very significantly.
I guess in order to feel like your accelerating with one more horsepower, you'd have to decrease your weight by about 7 kilos or 15 lbs. If you've removed 48lbs, you're probably going to see the equivalent of a 3hp increase.

Sweet! And yes that's what i was trying to say, same power less weight mean more go! And im only 120lb witch means even more go! just need a good set of carbs now!

My 79 2-f dry weight is 350lbs and my 80sg dry weight was 370lbs. hp for the u.s. models where 36-38hp when I got the 79 in 1999 I weighed 140lbs now I weigh 170lbs you can tell the difference in how it accelerates.

just saw a stunt rider today at a bike show and he had a gasgas trial bike, £5k's worth.

300cc 2 stroke and weighs 65kg!! that's progress for you. Mind it was titanium this and carbon fibre that :) he picked it up to demonstrate.

that guy rode vertical up a transit van, bunny hopped up a 7 foot ramp amazing!

http://www.stevecolley.co.uk/

Back