1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why you should not smoke crack

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by xschris, Sep 10, 2013.

1. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Legally, I think so. Local and federal laws and safety standards would have to be checked. Technically, yes it could be ridden, but with conditions. It will be okay for slow speed riding, however an emergency stop (like when you get cut off) will probably result in in the rear wheel locking and a crash. High speed riding (above 80 kph / 50 mph) could be defined as suicidal.

Safely riding, at any speed, with only a rear brake would be a definite "NO!" in my opinion.

2. bcware

bcware Well-read Top Contributor

I agree it would never be safe to run without a front brake on the street.

Locking up the rear tire while the bike is vertical is not so bad though; it will just cause a bit of wiggling/weave/hop. I do it now and again for shits and giggles.

If the bike is leaned over, then yeah, locking up the rear will probably cause a high side if the brake is released and grip is reestablished. Keeping the rear locked can prevent this though.

3. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

The price is up to $4100:wtf: The guy with the top bid is a auto bidder witch means he put in his top price and if someone bids as long as his top bid is more he will always be on top. When the bids where at $500 he set his auto bid for more than what it is at now;) My guess is it's a friend of the owner trying to get the price up as high as he can. I see this a lot and have known a few guys that has done this on ebay. This can also back fire and the guy gets stuck not selling it to someone else:laugh: Then it turns up again for less money.

4. briansal

briansal XS400 Enthusiast

Kind of like a reserve. I put a watch on it. I'd like to see what it goes for.

5. bcware

bcware Well-read Top Contributor

I think he'd owe a fee for the sale too, which can be like 10%; $400! Or he'd have to report the "friend" as a non-paying-bidder. :laugh:

6. Greasey Fingers

Greasey Fingers XS400 Guru Top Contributor

I think theres a flat rate fee for selling cars/bikes, around $30 from memory. I like how he borrowed some gymnastics trophys off his little sister and put them next to the bike like its won awards :laugh:

7. levdir

levdir Rounded bolt brigade

This guy's gotta be joking. $2500?!

8. xschris

All he has to do is cancel the transaction and no fees are paid:wink2:

9. xschris

Notice there are no plates on them:D

10. briansal

briansal XS400 Enthusiast

11. Lou Ranger

Lou Ranger Former xs400 Luddite Top Contributor

At first I assumed it was another in Australia :shrug:
    But no, it's Denmark :wtf:

12. xschris

He has been trying to sell that bike for a while now. I don't think he is on crack. He is on meth:laugh:

13. levdir

I'll point out that at $1245 US in 1980, the retail value of that bike if it were new today is about $3500.

14. xschris

I would pay close to that is someone had a NEW xs400. But most of these $3-5k over priced hack jobs are no where near as good as a brand new bike. :laugh:

15. TimBuz

TimBuz XS400 Enthusiast

16. levdir

You'd think if they were doing new paint on the tank anyway they'd fill in the badge mount.

17. xschris

That bike looks junkie :wtf:

18. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave XS400 Guru Top Contributor

I'll bet the seat is comfortable, when looking at the bike or posing for photos!

19. Sesty

Sesty H.E. Pennypacker