Took my front wheel off a month ago, forgot the order to put back on

Billisadams

1976 xs360c
Reaction score
Hello everyone, once again proving to be an idiot, but I have taken my front wheel off and forgot the exact order in which to put it back on. All I need is a quick close up video of a 76-78 xs360 front end assembled and I would be well on my way. I have already been on the internet searching but nothing has helped. Thanks

Do you have a repair manual? if so you will find diagrams showing the order of the parts.
Leo

Do you have a repair manual? if so you will find diagrams showing the order of the parts.
Leo
I have been through the manual. I’ve also stared down this image but it’s still incredibly unclear I believe I need a final space before the lower fork. I pretty well just need a nice person to snap a close up of their front kickstart side on their wheel assembly, haha

Attachments

• 44AD7F26-9C37-4879-9F4E-61F23E91E933.png
    44AD7F26-9C37-4879-9F4E-61F23E91E933.png
    419.2 KB · Views: 291
From that diagram, on the left, Parts 12 and 13 are shown apart but yours should be together. Parts 10 and 11 should be mounted in your hub.
Below the wheel parts 9, 10, 17,18 and 23 should be in the hub.
Unless you removed them.
Parts 19-22, 25, 27,28 and 30 should be in side of part 24. This is the speedo drive.
Looking at your forks you will see on the bottom one side has a hole. The other has a cap held by two bolts.
On one side of your hub you will see what looks like a piece with two tabs sticking out to the outside. This is the siude the speedo drive goes in. Place speedo drive in that side.
Parts 12 and 13 fit in the other side.
Roll your wheel between the fork with the speedo drive toward the fork with the cap. If you have the brake disc on the wheel and the caliper on the forks be sure the disc slides up in the caliper.
Start to slide the threaded end of your axle through the fork with the cap. Slide the axle through the speedo drive. Then through the bearings and out through parts 12 and 13. Then out through the fork with just a hole.
Place washer and nut on axle.
Before tightening the axle be sure the speedo drive engages the fork. Snug up the axle.
I slide a Phillips head screwdriver through the hole in the head of the axle. Tighten the nut firmly.
This will pull the speedo drive, wheel and spacer tight to the fork.
Now with the nut tight, you snug the front bolt on the cap till the cap just touches the fork. Tighten the rear nut firmly. You want minimal gap at the front of cap, the bigger gap to the rear.
There you go. Your wheel is back on.
Leo

Back