Touch up pen and/or brush for 1977 Yamaha XS360 Brilliant Red

got20z

1977 XS360
Reaction score
Anybody know of any companies out there selling the pens or any type of touch up that is a match to the brilliant red? I just bought a 1977 xs360 and the original paint is pretty good but has a few spots mainly on the tank I could probably fix up if I had some paint to try out. I have searched for an hour reading around and cannot seem to find anything relevant.
TIA.

Anybody know of any companies out there selling the pens or any type of touch up that is a match to the brilliant red? I just bought a 1977 xs360 and the original paint is pretty good but has a few spots mainly on the tank I could probably fix up if I had some paint to try out. I have searched for an hour reading around and cannot seem to find anything relevant.
TIA.

Best bet is to go to a automotive paint store and see what they have to offer. I know all the local ones to me can match pretty close. But hate to say it your going to notice the touch up as its impossible to get it perfect.

Ive been wondering the same.. my gas tank decal has a gouge in it and i want to fix it. My tank did have a repair and it looks like its from a paint marker. The color is a perfect match so i dont think its a random marker.

Call your local auto parts stores to see if they have a paint scanner. They can scan your paint and the computer will come up with the closest match to that paint. I work at a auto parts store and do this regularly for people. The paint might not match exactly but as long as you get a good mixer it will be close. Its sold in 1oz bottles with a brush on the cap in my store.

I know I'm a little late in this thread but people who search in the future can benefit from this.

TIA.
Hi painted my XS2 650 tank in Renault Mars Red, not a bad match. The side panels are original Brilliant Red. Not sure how good as a touch up it may be as the tank is far enough away from the side panels. However I spent some time with paint matches before coming up with this one. It is base coat and lacquer. Bought in aerosol form, from a paint motor factor. Halfords would probably do it.
DSC_0916.JPG

Back