1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble finding parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blakev02, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Blakev02

Blakev02 XS400 New Member

Texas
    So I just got a 82 xs400 2 weeks ago im needing a couple of parts to replace that I can't find and I even went to a Yamaha dealer near by and they said the parts are discontinued. Im needing throttle and choke cable, and front and rear intake boots can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can find these parts. thanks in advance.

2. Eli Chabot

Eli Chabot XS400 New Member

Ebay worked for me
    Just search 1982 yamaha xs 400 maxim throttle or choke cable.
    should pop up. just make sure theyll fit your bike

3. AmbientMoto

AmbientMoto XS400 Addict

You can always make your own cable as well.

I always start with Babbit's or Adept and find the part number... go from there. Sometime's get it from them, other times eBay etc etc.

4. tstidham

tstidham XS400 Enthusiast

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  5. JPaganel

JPaganel XS400 Addict

The only thing to keep in mind about the replica carb holders is that many of them have weakly attached vacuum nipples. I have had them pop out on me.

Easily fixed with some high-tack sealant, but still worth keeping in mind.

tstidham likes this.
  6. Myron

Myron XS400 Member

This place in the UK has lots of rubber and some cables. Keep in mind that the freight has to go thru customs and will take a week. https://sumorubber.com/