Using the Search engine, Rant..

ScottLuke

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know I am a new guy to the Forum. I am sorry if this comes across the wrong way to some people, I honestly mean no offense at all. Lately I have noticed one thing, that personally is somewhat of a annoyance, maybe it is just me. But "The Garage" Thread is being drowned daily with The same regurgitated question/s over and over. For example: "bike won't idle..", "My bike won't start..", "whats wrong with my bike..", "Why isn't my bike perfect..", etc..

This site has a search engine along with a plethora of information, it even uses Googles search engine. I understand some need extra help with the deciphering the information at hand that will help solve their bike problems. But you can almost type anything into the XS search and I almost guarantee it will come up with something close to what your bike is having issues with. Why though if you have the same symptoms as the guy you just read about, start an entire new thread asking the same question?
I really am sorry for you to have to hear my rant, but does anyone else see this problem?

Happy trails everyone, not trying to anger anybody. Just pointing out that this amazing forum has all the tools one would need to build a XS400 and/or repair one.

:thumbsup: Any and all problems have been asked and answered in the past:wink2: What gets me is the people who ask for help then are gone for good. A lot of one night stand members over the years:laugh:

:thumbsup: Any and all problems have been asked and answered in the past:wink2: What gets me is the people who ask for help then are gone for good. A lot of one night stand members over the years:laugh:

that's why i prefer peeps to introduce themselves first rather than "fix my bike now" 1st thread.

I tend not to answer the same q's as I get sick of it too.

there's not much that hasn't been discussed a myriad of times.

it's also pretty sad to see so many unfinished projects... that means so many ruined bikes

You are correct and no apologies needed.It has become annoyance over the last year and half or so maybe longer.ive been around something like 21/2 years and have noticed more and more.I think it all boils down to the site has grown rapidly and new members don't read the rules thoroughly.
Xschris your are correct about the 1st times that here one day and then gone to never be heard from again.
I think some of it also is a fact people are lazy,they don't want to search its easier to just ask.
that part kinda bothers me cause Im like why should I help a one nighterwhen I can and would rather contribute to someone I know that wants to call this place home.
Bob Seiger said it best in one of his songs people and come and then they go :D

Back