Valve

He actually doesn't have them. I only need one as the bike I bought as a basket case is missing a whole intake valve train (inner/outer springs, intake valve). Can I replace just the one or should I do them all?

He actually doesn't have them. I only need one as the bike I bought as a basket case is missing a whole intake valve train (inner/outer springs, intake valve). Can I replace just the one or should I do them all?
If it were myself, I would go ahead and replace them all at the same time. This saves trouble later, but it all depends on your budget I guess. I would definitely reface or replace the valve seat if it needs it, since you have the chance now. Even an entire valve job wouldn't be out of the question. I don't like to fix one part, then have to pull it to pieces to replace a different part that would have been easy to replace the first go around; know what I mean?

I wonder why it is just "missing" the intake side? Maybe someone stole the parts to fix another bike at one time?

I'd do all new at the same time....in a dirtbike rebuild/repair a few years ago we replaced a broken powervalve...had to special order it and wait.....put it back together and the other powervalve went a week later.

I'm sure you can get them from a third party, that is measure your valves and email a few companies.
I had new valve guides fitted as they used the latest materials.

The price doesn't worry me I have found NOS kits for au$50 but they are missing the intake valves. I think I will have to go a low mileage second hand set

Back