Sold / Found / Inactive - vintage xs360/400 kerker 2-1 exhaust system

xschris

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
1970's kerker ( winning performance) 2-1 header and muffler for sohc xs360/400. It will need a bracket added to the muffler to attach to the bike as the one I had snapped. It's still solid but 40+ years old. I ran it on my 80 xs400 for a number of years but got tired of the very loud sound. This was off an xs360 when I got it so it should work with all sohc bikes. The flange spacers are home made as I never got the ones that where made for it so you may need to modify them or make others to fit . What you see is what you get. $75 shipped in the u.s. paypal only.

Attachments

• DSC03364.JPG
    DSC03364.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC03365.JPG
    DSC03365.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC03366.JPG
    DSC03366.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC03186.JPG
    DSC03186.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Sorry I know how that is. I am working on listing a lot more stuff and even thinking about just selling my 81 as a full bike. But I know the parts will be worth much more. Time and my now bad back has me thinking about what I need and want in regards to having five bikes and tons of parts.

I have too many at the moment but every time I get ready to let one go it rebels and breaks down! Once I get a plate and reg. from Vt. I will have a 77 400D with some minor mods, it still has original exhaust so it is staying put but the tracker style would look awesome with the Kerker on it!

77 mods so an 80 style tank fits, added a hoop and flat seat because the mounting cor the tanks is about 4 inches back and the old seat looked strange moved back. Low motocross bars.I retained all the frame pieces and put inserts in them so they can be reinstalled. Air filters, battery box, exhaust and carbs all stock. I see it as a one-off that anyone could've done when it was new.

All my bikes are in need of nothing just someone to ride them. I just took the 79 out for the first time in almost a year. It started on the first kick. I still have to get the 82 out for a run but want to put a few away first. It's too much to deal with all five.

I wish that were the case. Of course, I bought them all as non-runners. I have learned a lot@

Ah man I looked hard for one of these about 4 months ago for my 360. Had I not ended up buying a MAC I would be in!.

Good luck with your sale. I don't think it will take you long to find a buyer.

I wish that were the case. Of course, I bought them all as non-runners. I have learned a lot@
I wish mine where when I picked them up. Only one was in riding condition. One started but was unsafe to ride. One had a motor full of gas and had been sitting for 10+ years. Another had been wreaked and sitting and the other wasn't running and missing most of the motor mounts and looked like a two year old try to rebuild it. I as well learned much. I think I could do one of these in my sleep now, but never again I am done!!!

Ah man I looked hard for one of these about 4 months ago for my 360. Had I not ended up buying a MAC I would be in!.

Good luck with your sale. I don't think it will take you long to find a buyer.
For the price I would think it would be gone by now :)

Try to keep these questions to a P.M. or in my parts thread, if you could please. I am getting many reply's for stuff as of late. I have a tach and speedo set off my 81 part out. The speedo works perfect nut the face is faded a bit. The tach is perfect and would need a bit more money for this than a faded face one. Both gauges have led lights in the as well as the neutral and oil light. All the rubber dampeners are tight and solid. If you want the entire thing I would need $80 shipped. Or $40 just for the tach with it's housing.

This was off topic from first post. Removed.

Last edited:
Back