1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Vroom's 79 Build Thread- scrambler/brat?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Vroom4, Dec 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Well, at least it's as simple as a cleaning to fix the issue. Always beats having to troubleshoot for days and buy replacement parts!

2. andhop7201

andhop7201 XS400 Member

Nice build I'm currently finishing up my 78 xs400. Brought her home a year ago and this is how she sits now. Still need to finish exhaust and I have the engine out for some powder coat and all new gaskets/seals. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455584745.260944.jpg

Dan likes this.
  3. Vroom4

Vroom4 XS400 Addict

So I had to pull the carbs off a second time to really get at those pilot jets and clean the slides and needles... seems to be a common theme with these bikes lol.

But.... she's all back together and running like a top now! Down low power is awesome and up top it tapers off a lil early, but overall I'm happy with the power down low and mids which is mostly where I ride.

Cheers

4. peebuck

peebuck XS400 Enthusiast

Def I’m starting mine shortly had to pull the transmission so I’m dressing the whole motor up :shrug::bike: