What did you do with your XS today?

Took NOB (New Old Bike) over to meet my Dad today, he gave it his seal of approval [:D]

56fb32df.jpg

I also got my new lid delivered too:

13e4ad97.jpg

c22f6855.jpg

I must remember when wearing an open face lid not only can passers by see me grinning inanely they can also see and hear me singing to myself! [:I] lol [:D]

I took the gas tank off and emptied the gas that came with it when I bought it. I took the carbs off and degreased them as best I could. I ended up buying a remanufactured set from ebay. All I have to do is install and start the bike plus minor adjustments....

removed front mag wheel and shined it up with some polishing compound. Second geussed my seat, I had used 2 pieces of leather and the more I look at it , the dumber it looks! Took a vid of the bike starting and running and then had a battle with the computer to try and figure out how to post it! GRRRRRRR!!!! my brother inlaw is good with these things, Ill get him to do it tommorrow!
Oh yay PT247, roll up some newsprint and swat your XS in the ass, I think it piddled on the floor:laugh:
sharp lookin bike by the way!:thumbsup:

Oh yay PT247, roll up some newsprint and swat your XS in the ass, I think it piddled on the floor:laugh:
sharp lookin bike by the way!:thumbsup:

hahaha, aye I need to sort the lil bugger out. Will probs do a strip down next winter and give it a new gasket set as a birthday present :D

real nice looking bike, wont show pics of it to my wifey, then she'll want mine to look like that... "why cant yours be yellow.. dont you love me"?!! (her favorite color is yellow)

Got my lower rear frame rails bent and clamped down. Cut the second notch to put in my axle plates and started working on the upper frame rails to tie into the backbone. Now a 12 hour shift tomorrow puts the bike on hold again. :(

fiddled with the carbs again. prob gonna do this for awhile this week lol. once its runnin well i have to decide to take the engine outta the frame and paint it, or leave it and do it this winter. i just wanna ride the damn thing! lol

I finished assembling the top end. The camera is charging right now for some progress photos.

Beautiful So.Cal day so polished 'lil brownie and hung out with my boy. He has a '82 CB450SC that he's in love with...so cool hangin with my boy, polishing bikes hahaha.He had homework to do so I took 'lil brownie for a ride around town. Got some gas ($4.37 a gal here :(....at least its a moto so like $ 10.00 topped her off!) and added some 'Sea Foam' to the tank.Bummed....I think I need to clean the damn carbs.She is still idling eratic and wants to 'fade' at stop lights.I feel like a poser revving her to keep her from stalling.It is gonna be that right side running lean.Labor of love.

Chopped up a CB seat to try to make a flat one for my tracker build. Then decided the seat was too far gone (rust) and threw the bits on a shelf.

Then sat and starred at her for a while.

Then decided to make my life easier and chop my stock seat flat...tomorrow.

Took a wire wheel in my drill and smoothed out the frame where i cut the tabs off last week.

Then jumped on the KZ and went for coffee with my vintage bike club.

So, i guess in the absence for making progress i at least made a decision.
That's something, right?

went out to the shop, and looked at the 400 and said "nah not today" then started playing with the go-buggy!:rock:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 389
Screwed the pooch. :banghead:

I dropped a starter motor bolt into the crankcase. I can't believe I did something that stupid. :doh:

I will get one of those magnetic extendy screwdriver things & see if I can fish it out tomorrow. Does anyone have any suggestions other than split the case?

Posted via Mobile

rolled it off the truck.. spun up my yard a bit taking it for a quick spin. Parked it in the middle of the garage and started taking apart the filter boxes.. day 1 of ownership woot !

Screwed the pooch. :banghead:

I dropped a starter motor bolt into the crankcase. I can't believe I did something that stupid. :doh:

I will get one of those magnetic extendy screwdriver things & see if I can fish it out tomorrow. Does anyone have any suggestions other than split the case?

I'd go with the magnet trick first, but see if the bolt is magnetic by testing another similar bolt. I've also introduced a bend in those telescoping magnets to get around corners.

Is the engine full of oil?

Next time cover the holes with rags or workshop towels.

Back