What did you do with your XS today?

Got my frame welded up enough to put the forks and wheels back on to make sure everything was straight. I popped the frame out of my ghetto jig and all my measurements stayed the same. Now I have to make my down tube under the seat, finish my neck gussets, and motor mounts. It feels so good to see it almost a roller again.

Attachments

• Rolling Chassis.jpg
    Rolling Chassis.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 494
Got my frame welded up enough to put the forks and wheels back on to make sure everything was straight. I popped the frame out of my ghetto jig and all my measurements stayed the same. Now I have to make my down tube under the seat, finish my neck gussets, and motor mounts. It feels so good to see it almost a roller again.

Sweet - looking great! :thumbsup:

Fixed up the tacky looking gen cover:

Before

IMG_0482.jpg

After first weld pass
IMG_0483.jpg

And after touching up most of the pinholes
IMG_0485.jpg

Still needs a little more work, but it looks alot better. Once the welding is done, I will sand it up to 2000 and polish it along with the other parts:

IMG_0479.jpg

I used arc welder for the first time in 20 years. I capped off the ends of the rear frame where i had cut off the indicator mounts. It took quite some time actually i struggled to get the amperage right on the $80 welder i bought but in the end i am happy with the results. I also got my thinwall wiring from the UK.

I FINISHED my bike, yes i used the word finished on this forum. I've been sitting like a fool grinning at my bike, looking like i'd just got laid by the under 25's cheerleading champions team haha!

Just getting quotes now for the insurance

I FINISHED my bike, yes i used the word finished on this forum. I've been sitting like a fool grinning at my bike, looking like i'd just got laid by the under 25's cheerleading champions team haha!

Just getting quotes now for the insurance

yea Baby! :thumbsup::bike:

Got my rear fender and gas tank in from Lowbrow. Quick shipping and the parts came in undented. I'll tell ya what, if you need a 6 inch wide rear trailer fender check them out. I've never seen a fender made out of such a thick gauge of steel before. It's nice to have something built so well that I won't hesitate to lay a bead of weld on it for reinforcement. I'll be posting some pics next week, I need to go campin first.....lol.

went for a blast on the tracker today.

bloody hell its fast, if I give it WOT the thing just pulls and pulls. I got up to 90 and had to slow for traffic but it def has some get up and go.

clutch is stiff as anything but new cable didn't alter anything so maybe the PO had uprated clutch springs in there.

here she is at Clough Head Lancashire
57238dda.jpg

lifted my bike up off the ground, the winds have been crazy and my bike-cover must have turned into a sail and flipped the bike. must have been laying for a while, some oil spilled.

was on my way to work, but the bike wouldnt start. so I had to run to the train instead and spent the day pondering. I came to the assumption that the cylinder must have taken some oil, since it was laying on the ground. And that was the problem. spark plugs were fouled. kicked it over a few times without the spark plugs and let it dry out for a few minutes. took me a while, but eventually she fired up. great feeling. :D

I finally stopped being lazy and replaced the bad brush in my starter motor. Of course, now that I'm used to the kick I probably won't ever use it, but still. I planned on making extras out of stock graphite, but it looks like these brushes had copper sintered with the graphite.

Put on a n.o.s fork brace that I got for $20 and put on a 120mph speedo I got for $10:bike:

Last edited:
went to Houghton Tower in Lancs today for the annual sprint there.

46665002.jpg

some nice bikes, weslake supercharged behemoths to vincents and tritons

lovely day and great people :bike:

Spent the day working over the tanks. The original is getting cleaned up a repaint. I found a new tank with a nicely bent side for cheap and put the knee dents in. Now for a few more coats of Bondo!

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 393
I detabbed most of it, still have the centerstand to remove, took the motor out too,
Now starts the serious cleaning, also stripped, cleaned, and rebuilt 1 shock. :D

Replaced the clutch pushrod seal, made a new gasket for the oil sump cover and replaced that...should be no more drips.

Back