What is the smallest battery I can use?

If you use the electric start you need a battery with the same or more cca's as stock.
There are many phyisically smaller batteries with large electrical capacity, they are expencive.
Check out Balistic batteries. Thier 4 cell battery is very small and has 275 cca's. Plenty for the XS400.
The one you linked will work ok on a kick start but wont have the power to e-start.
Leo

If you use the electric start you need a battery with the same or more cca's as stock.
There are many phyisically smaller batteries with large electrical capacity, they are expencive.
Check out Balistic batteries. Thier 4 cell battery is very small and has 275 cca's. Plenty for the XS400.
The one you linked will work ok on a kick start but wont have the power to e-start.
Leo

Yes, I do have to kick start it and I am rewiring it to just the basics. Running Headlight, tail/brake light. So I am guessing that battery will work fine? or should I get at least a 8amp?

As long as your charging system is working well you can use as small as a 4 A/H battery. Much smaller, like the .8 A/H batteries some use, they can't with stand the charging rate of your system.
I have a couple batteries like that I use on my boat to run the depth finders. I have an under water camera that uses a 4 A/H battery about half that size.
Leo

I have a 1.2ah on my tracker and I have put 1400 miles on it this year. It was in another bike last year for 1200miles and it still works fine.

Back