what other bike do you still want to have?

1970's Honda CB750 The bike that changed the worlds view on motorcycles.

Attachments

• classic_honda-CB750_1.jpg
    classic_honda-CB750_1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 360
my buddy has one of those so I get to ride it often :)

they're great fun, but not half as fun as our xs400s. Although I'd take the cb750 over the xs for a multi-day trip any time

Attachments

• Dreaming of a CB750.jpg
    Dreaming of a CB750.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 329
I want my first bike. A 1973 DT360 Enduro. I bought the bike around 1984 and learned to ride and wreck on it. I had a great time with the bike riding on and off road and I put the poor thing through hell. Once I jumped it over a bank and into the Christiana River in Delaware, that taught me how to remove nasty mud and water from a motorcycle and also to slow down and know your course before you ride. Another time I started it in very cold temps and blew the piston out of it. I didn't have a car so me and the engine rode the public bus to the motorcycle dealer where a very cool old school mechanic told me "I'm not gonna fix it, I'm gonna show you how to". He let me use his shop, tools, and know how to replace my piston and get my bike going again. I miss the days before bullshit insurance regulations and people with attitudes that just want to milk your wallet dry.

Attachments

• DT 360 Enduro.jpg
    DT 360 Enduro.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 351
I had one of those 3 years ago,bought it from neighbor for $75.It needed a stator.I looked through every resource I could find trying to get one and gave up.Turned around and sold the bike for $250.Then I used the $ from that sale and some more I put in with it and got it for $375.Now I seen that my old bike is up forsale again.I thought the therson who bought fixed it up and got it going but I was wrong.Its still in the same shape it was when I sold it.Id like to have another endure for a off road toy and get me something like Suzuki Gsxr.

Enduros are great. I like the older ones that sit lower. The newer dual sport type bikes are so tall they look like they're set up for Motocross. I really like single cylinder bikes, the one carb, one piston, one exhaust just seems so minimal and practical.

There's a new SR400 coming actually, sort of a new old-style bike:

2014-Yamaha-SR400-EU-Matt-Grey-Static-002.jpg

should be released in 2014

Links to the yamaha website

I rather like it. Wrenchmonkees has made something else out if it already: Click! which is this one:

yamaha-sr400-wrenchmonkees.jpg

Some specs (for the stock one, not wrenchmonkees)
- four stroke single cylinder
- air cooled
- fuel injection
- kickstart
- transistor ignition

Of course it will never have the same character and charm as a restored old SR500, or xs400, or any old bike for that matter, but it's nice to see something being made these days that isn't some plastic monstrosity

Really cool! they went back to the huge indicators lol

a bar swap away from a factory cafe pretty awesome. And hey, by the time ill be able to afford a new bike, the new SR's will be vintage!

Been looking into it a bit more realistically. Since I don't have a garage the GL1000 would be a waste (it would just rust away) and besides that it's not the most practical. I think if I would buy another bike it would be a Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré. Throw some cases on there and go for some adventure riding.

Yamaha%20XT660%20Tenere%2008%20%207.jpg

If only Yamaha would see fit to bring the 660 Tenere to Canada. Then I wouldn't be looking at other offerings, like Kawasaki's Versys 650 or KLR650. Enough with the massive cruisers already! Not everyone wants a Harley or a clone...

Last edited:
although it does look like it's hard to find one over there as well.. I can only find a super tenere listed in detroit :shrug:

If only Yamaha would see fit to bring the 660 Tenere to Canada. Then I wouldn't be looking at other offerings, like Kawasaki's Versys 600 or KLR650. Enough with the massive cruisers already! Not everyone wants a Harley or a clone...
What do you think of the Suzuki 650 Stroumboulopoulos, Dave? Those that have them seem to swear by them - they are certainly the most common of this type in the limited areas I've been.

I've got a Strom, and I tell everybody it's like owning two bikes. When the roads get twisty you can ride it like a sport bike, keep the tach in the 9K range and you can steer with the throttle. The short stroke L twin loves to rev and has nice torque for a 650. If you see an interesting jeep trail you can pull off the highway and go exploring. I often find myself riding B roads that turn into gravel, with two track options everywhere. It's here where you can stand up and steer with the foot pegs. Hell of a bike.

What do you think of the Suzuki 650 Stroumboulopoulos, Dave? Those that have them seem to swear by them - they are certainly the most common of this type in the limited areas I've been.

The "Wee-Strom" has quite a following, that is for certain. I'm just not sold on the v-twin engine. Many say it vibrates horribly at certain RPM's. It is also a wide bike, I prefer slim...

Back