what size tubing are you guys using for your seat loops?

sly409

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Did a search and didnt really come up with any solid answers but from the few posts I read I came up with this:

1inch tubing, .120 thickness, DOM type tubing? Does that sound right?

Also are there any types of hand tools sold in stores that is capable of bending that size tubing? I'm coming up with tools that can bend 7/8, 1/2, 3/4 etc but it seems that the only thing capable of bending 1inch tubing would be some heavy duty tubing bender that costs over $100. Definitely not worth it for a one time project. I've seen people get creative with sand and firepits/torches and stuff but that seems like a lot of work. Someone had made a wood jig but that also involved torching the tube. I'm trying to avoid using fire lol :yikes:.

Would I be better off buying the correct tubing and taking it to a shop to have them do it? Wasnt there someone on this forum who did this stuff too?

I just did it, used handlebar tubing its the same outer and inner diameter as the frame tubes. My uncle has a press in his shop and we bent it with that, kinked a little but I'm happy with it overall!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 381
Ha ha yeah 7/8 sounds right I didn't measure I just lined it up and the frame and handlebar tubing matched!

I was actually trying to mod my stock bars, but when I placed the bars together in that shape I knew I had to use em for my loop. One less bend to do!

Back