What tyre are you running

Pork Chop

XS400 Junkie
Reaction score
I had a closer look at the ancient tyres on my XS and decided that new tyres are in order as the side walls starting to crack. I do 99% of my riding around the city and suburbs and I am looking for good combination of value and performance.

As this is my first bike I have little knowledge on the subject and it would be really helpful to hear what tyres other people are using.

Oh yeah, the current tyres are front 3.0x18 and rear 4.0x18.

Cheers,

Pork Chop

Just bought a set of IRC RS310 Durotour Blackwall (Japanese) tires for my '80 XS400. They were the only set I could find in the correct sizes recommended by Yamaha as replacements for our older tires - front 100/90H-18, rear 120/90H-16. Other brands had correct front or correct rear size but not both together. The U.K. and Europe both have better selection of sizes for these bikes. These are much higher speed rated (130 mph) than we need for our bikes but they look really good. Will not have them installed for a few weeks so can't comment on handling and ride but don't think I will be disappointed. Purchased from Motorcycle Superstore for $76.99 ea. with free S&H. Best deal I could find.

jim,
Good! At least there were two of us who thought they might be good tires for our vintage bikes. Yep, we can give feedback on them. Of course, you will get to ride on them much sooner in S. FL! LOL

For the 12E type the BT45 (front 90/90 and rear 110/90 or 120/90) are veeeeery recommended - but I can´t tell you about using this tyre the 2A2 variant.

Back