Where can you get starter button

jsweo

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The start button on my 1982 Special fell out years ago, and while I solved the problem by just using the kick start, my girlfriend is not heavy enough/doesn't want to use this solution. As she is the one who's going to be using it more than me now, I said I'd fix it for her.

The problem is I can't find just the button for sale in the UK, without paying for postage from Germany or the US.

Has anyone managed to buy one in the UK? I did a search through the forum posts but couldn't find anything.

Bought mine off eBay in the US. Sorry not a big help. It is so small it would fit in a small envelope tho which is only $1.50 or so to ship

Do your libraries have 3d printing machines . Quite an effort for a small part, but realizing would've saved me $10 as it would be a very easy design / print off you don't want to pay for shipping

Yambits was the one, although £12.99 for a tiny bit of plastic and spring seems dear to me! Oh well, thanks for you help!

Buztabuzd, a great idea, and I probably would have been able to while I was still at uni. Should have fixed this back then.

Yep, those are your 2 options sadly. Make yourself or overpay for small plastic... Guess it's not high enough volume to be on the radar of our Chinese counterparts to make a production rate and ship direct with their criminally low shipping rates. Crazy that, at least in US, it can cost significantly more to ship a small item domestically then for it to be shipped from China (with USPS still handling the domestic part of the journey...)

Back