1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Where can you get starter button

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jsweo, Mar 7, 2019.

1. jsweo

jsweo XS400 New Member

UK
    Hi,

The start button on my 1982 Special fell out years ago, and while I solved the problem by just using the kick start, my girlfriend is not heavy enough/doesn't want to use this solution. As she is the one who's going to be using it more than me now, I said I'd fix it for her.

The problem is I can't find just the button for sale in the UK, without paying for postage from Germany or the US.

Has anyone managed to buy one in the UK? I did a search through the forum posts but couldn't find anything.

2. Bought mine off eBay in the US. Sorry not a big help. It is so small it would fit in a small envelope tho which is only $1.50 or so to ship

3. BBS360

BBS360 XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Doesn't Yambits have them?

4. Do your libraries have 3d printing machines . Quite an effort for a small part, but realizing would've saved me $10 as it would be a very easy design / print off you don't want to pay for shipping

5. jsweo

jsweo XS400 New Member

UK
    Yambits was the one, although £12.99 for a tiny bit of plastic and spring seems dear to me! Oh well, thanks for you help!

Buztabuzd, a great idea, and I probably would have been able to while I was still at uni. Should have fixed this back then.

6. Yep, those are your 2 options sadly. Make yourself or overpay for small plastic... Guess it's not high enough volume to be on the radar of our Chinese counterparts to make a production rate and ship direct with their criminally low shipping rates. Crazy that, at least in US, it can cost significantly more to ship a small item domestically then for it to be shipped from China (with USPS still handling the domestic part of the journey...)

7. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

I’m sure it shares the same button as the horn, so you can check rd’s as well as other xs’s

buztabuzt likes this.
  8. Good point Drewpy. I just bought to replace mine and it said horn/starter button on package