where do you buy your tires from?

sly409

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering where you guy bought your tires from online? I'm from California so I'd like to purchase them from a retailer within the states.

Also, when buying tires online do I need to add tubes to the cart too? Or do the tires include them already? I've never purchased motorcycle tires before so I don't know what the protocol is.

Thanks!

I'd suggest buying from a local shop that has tires in stock. That way you can check the date code on the sidewall and make sure the tire is less than a year old. If it is older than a year, don't buy them unless you get a discount. And expect that they won't be as grippy as they should be.

Tires won't normally come with tubes. I have been buying mine from bikebandit.com for all my motorcycles. I recommend the Kenda Challenger; it's cheap and has all the grip I need for the street. I'm pretty fast in the corners too and hit max lean all the time :)

Tires won't normally come with tubes. I have been buying mine from bikebandit.com for all my motorcycles. I recommend the Kenda Challenger; it's cheap and has all the grip I need for the street. I'm pretty fast in the corners too and hit max lean all the time :)

Knee down?:D

Get them at the shop you are going to have them mounted/balanced. Some places will charge to do it more if you bring in your own tire. If you are doing it yourself then ebay is a good place to look. But as said before makes sure the date stamped on the tire is new or only a few years old.

Does anyone ever buy from Motosport.com?
The company I work for just acquired them. Just found out I get a pretty sweet discount with them, which is both good and bad I suppose.

I ordered some stuff from them. It came with free 3 day shipping and I even got $10 in "Fast Cash" even after my employee discount. Just applied that to another order. Pretty awesome!

Last edited:
Back