where the starter used to reside

I expect it would. Generally, lead batteries tend to struggle at temperatures higher than 40C. Others have higher temperature ranges, but I think you'd be pushing it regardless. You can, however, store your other electrics in there. I'd like to use it as my hide-a-key spot with a slide-off top.

I got a small gel cell kick only with points. I see your point though. Where I cut the frame I got to rethink my lectric tray it hangs under seat but I'm running into air cleaner clearance iss.ues. I won't go for fake oil can cause its been done to death. Mabey put a flat plate on top of hole just mount everything in the open. Just thinking out loud.

So long as you have air flow, you should be in an alright position. Since your bike will be "cold" when it's most needed (starting) and will generally have cool air flowing over it when running, I don't expect it'll be too stressed. What battery are you using? Pb, AGM, gel, Li+, etc.

Don't put any of you electrical components in there it's too hot for them, including the battery.:wink2:

Kinda thought it was not good spot. Time to get in junk bin and get creative. Would it be okay to weld brackets with motor in frame if i pull all the electric bits while I do it

Back