will these levers/controls work ?

wow thats cheap actually has the master cylinder and everything. Don't know how easy a time you would have getting a rebuild kit for it.

I don't see why they wouldn't work they are 7/8. I didn't see the size of the bore you may want to look into that more. I'm pritty sure that if you don't watch the bore your brake power will suffer.

Shaun

I would worry less about the switches, and more about buying from a Hong Kong company that specializes in Motorcycle controls, dog collars, fishing line, meat thermometers, tattoo needles, eye liner, and WHATEVER THE FUCK THIS IS.

The switches are a splice away from working, the master cylinder is absolutely large enough for a single caliper. I agree however with Ebola Monkey....whoever that Chinese seller is...they don't care what they are selling, its origin and I am absolutely sure they do not care about the build quality of the item. It is a roll of the dice, you might actually get a nice looking and performing set for cheap or your going to get something that failed in production and this seller bought them cheap and is flipping them. I kind of hope you buy them and like them because I would then buy a set as they would look great on my Mad Max bike.

yeah i was only worried about the piston size to make sure this thing pushes enough fluid to actuate the brake caliper and pinch the rotor with enough force.

i agree chineese shit is junk but if they work ill be the one laughing..

The switches wouldn't concern me nearly as much as the unknown bore size. The XS400 uses the same calipers as the later XS650. With one of those calipers the MC bore size of 11mm is Ideal.
If that MC has a 13 to 14 mm bore they will work just about the same as the stock 14mm bore MC Yamaha used.
I do like the adjustable levers.
Leo

yeah theyre in the mail 7-20 days or somthing rediculous..
went with the black and chrome anodized
i thnk theyll work because in terms of caliper sizes the xs is pretty small compared to other bikes and mines only a single disk, just hope the quality is decent

I would order the black and Chrome as well. Can't wait to hear the review so I can order and wait three weeks.

Keep us in the loop about the quality and usability of these,as there are some of us that are interested. However,speaking for myself I now know more than I want to about kinky men's pantyhose!!! lha

apparently they got "lost in the mail" so hes sending me a new set.... so not yet guys, ill let u know when i get em :shrug:

Thanks Fubar. I am thinking if your set works well, maybe we can get a group order deal from this guy.

I bought levers for my FZ1, just the levers, from ebay that came from china and looked exactly like those levers. The build quality is outstanding! Almost just as good as Pazzo levers that are about $200 a set.

Unless they come from the USA most manufacturers do not advertise the origin of their product. For all we know most of the top end levers could be made in China by the same company!

Back