Wire Tuck Question

Gramatron

Meat popsicle
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been getting ready to make a new wiring harness for the XS. I realized it was a good idea after mocking up the essential electricals in the custom battery box. But I was having a beer with a friend who suggested running wires through the frame. I'd never considered it before now. So my question is, is this a viable option? And if so, what are the best places to drill into the frame without sacrificing rigidity?

Last edited:
If it were me, anyplace that was drilled on the frame backbone I would surround with a washer, or similar- i have seen a large nut used, welded around the hole to reduce flex and possibility of cracking.

On my 360, they came with quite a bit of extra length wiring that could be snipped off. I wouldnt be surprised if I could shorten the main harness by almost 12 inches. Most of the guts could be tucked away in the seat pan and that would clean it up nicely. Even if you just put a new sleeve over the wires it will look cleaner. A thought had occurred to me that I might be able to use some leftover black RTV sealant and use that to tack the rear lighting wires to the frame rather than drill holes. I figured since my frame is black it could look decent.

I am in the process of getting wire supplies now for my bike.

Yeah, the more I think about it, it's probably better not to drill. And not very hard to hide them with a custom made harness. Mike I'm stockpiling wire to match up to oem line colors. Even got a blade style fuse box. But some colors are tough to find in less than 100 feet.

Back