Wiring Harness

Romeo2589

XS400 Member
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question but still want to know. I'm looking for a wiring harness for my 82 xs400 and I just want to know if there is a difference in the harness whether its a maxim, seca or special? Any reply is appreciated:thumbsup:

The actual home page has the best Idea for wire harness. take yours off, and create one speciallized to your needs. Tech section (Tech Tab) or 2/3s the way down on the home page, it says Drewpy's rewire. the thing with getting something like that off of ebay, is that every configeration of XS400 is a little different. With Drewpies finely constructed piece of work, you can create a one for one replacement. We should have all the wire diagrams on line here, under TECH tab. so its not Impossible, If you were to go one step further, the wire loom that your looking at, see if it has a Frame Serial # that it came off of. Typically the Wire loom will stay with the frame, (perhaps not always) and if that number matches your's. Your good, My bike is a 4R4. so If ebay stated they had a 4R4 wire harness, I am sure that would be good for my bike. But if ebay guessed, and used the engine, 4R4 but the frame was a 19L (made it up #) now I have wire harness for a 79 XS400.(made this up too, I might be close but I am not betting)

Hope that makes sense. Tobie

Back