1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Wiring Help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dan Padgett, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Dan Padgett

Dan Padgett XS400 Member

hey all,

I’m really stuck on the wiring up of my ignition coils... I have the manual for my engine 4G6 but the coils look after market and so are not the same. Also the condenser is aftermarket so I’m struggling. I’ve taken a couple of photos... I can’t figure out what the red circled area is either. Any help would be great thanks Dan

Attached Files:

2. You check the wiring diagrams in the tech section? If it's been totally rewirew they might not help but at least check for ideas . They look orange and... Yellow on that harness?

You have a multimeter? (They're under $10). Worst case you'll be tracing it to find source / destination...

Someone with more X S experience than I may be able to photo diagnosis...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  3. Maarten

Maarten XS400 New Member

The plug you circled is most likely for the condensor.

The red/white(or yellow?) wire where you can plug in 2 bullet connectors is the switched 12v to the coils.
    The orange cable with the bullet goes to one of the coils. And the white one with the bullet goes to the other coil.

4. Dan Padgett

Dan Padgett XS400 Member

Awesome thanks so much!

5. Maarten

Maarten XS400 New Member

I dont know which wire should go to which coil but you can swap them fast enough if it sparks but doesnt start.