XS 250/400 questions - need help

Ryanh

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys just a fee quick questions,

1. Will a dt 175 tank fit onto my 250 frame, it's apparently the same as the 400 frame, any does anyone have a pic of what it looks like with the dt tank on? If not what other tanks look good, I'm looking for a squarish "toaster" style tank...

2. What USD or 'inverted' forks with fit my frame, I originally wanted to use aprillia rs125 forks but haven't been able to find any.

3. What are the things I will need to keep to run my bike as kick start only, I want to start cutting un-necessary tabs off my frame, I have to run headlight taillight indicators horn speedo, but I'm just wondering if i will need any other things to start engine apart from the on/off switch, will I need the coils that are under the tank?

Any help or photos appreciated guys,

Cheers Ryanh

Hey guys just a fee quick questions,

1. Will a dt 175 tank fit onto my 250 frame, it's apparently the same as the 400 frame, any does anyone have a pic of what it looks like with the dt tank on? If not what other tanks look good, I'm looking for a squarish "toaster" style tank...
- I would buy one & try it. If you don'tlike it or if it needs too much work you can sell it.

2. What USD or 'inverted' forks with fit my frame, I originally wanted to use aprillia forks but haven't been able to find any.
- check this thread http://xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6577

3. What are the things I will need to keep to run my bike as kick start only, I want to start cutting un-necessary tabs off my frame, I have to run headlight taillight indicators horn speedo, but I'm just wondering if i will need any other things to start engine apart from the on/off switch, will I need the coils that are under the tank?
- check out drewpys wiring how to, he put a huge amount of work into it.

Any help or photos appreciated guys,

Cheers Ryanh

Posted via Mobile

Back