xs 360 carb switch

ondrej91

XS400 Member
Reaction score
hello guys,

Iam having some serious issues with my xs 360 during idling, because previows owner
broke idle screw and almost half of screw stay in carb body.. so my right cylinder is too rich, right..?

Iam thinking about switching from xs 360 carbs to stadart xs 400 carbs from xs 400 4G5,
they look similar, but xs 400 carbs have larger intake hole - no prob, what about jetting?
can I just adjust float height to 26mm and it's all? Will it work..? Iam using standart air filters and emgo dunstall replica muffers

thx guys

If you idle mix screw is broken off in the body then it will run lean on than side. There are ways to get them out. Do a search of the forum for broken idle mix screws. A set of xs400 carbs would be an option but fixing the 360 ones are a much cheaper solution. I run a set of xs360 carbs on my 82 sohc xs400 and they work well as they are a richer non-emission setup even with stock jets. My guess is that you will have to do some tuning to make the xs400 carbs work as well. Also the H-pipe and vent hose is not the same as the xs360 so look for them also.

There are threads on this. You just have to use a micro drill the same size as the hole. You can find sets of them them at hobby shops. I think .75mm is the hole size. Get a set with sizes in that area and test fit the one you need.

Back