xs250 cafe project

haga41cat

Xs Nerd
Reaction score
Hiya Guys and girls,
just thought i'd introduce myself and share some pics of my project cafe that i've been building, she's not finished just yet but i'm on the the home stretch to running and riding now.

It started off as a cheapy build I found two broken engine's on Ebay for £15 just up the road so brought them and have brought everything off ebay for this project so have nicknamed her "Ebay Excess".

she's a 1978 XS250 (frame and engine)
Aprilia RS125 USD forks and yokes
Honda CX500 tank
Suzuki GS500 wheels
Yamaha FZR250 swingarm (Modified)
Kawasaki Z1100 seat plastics and anything else has been either brought (Cheap as possible) or handmade by myself.

Let me know what you think i'd love to hear your thoughts (My wifes not as enthusiastic as me lol)

Attachments

• DSC_0476.jpg
    DSC_0476.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 2,121
  • DSC_0477.jpg
    DSC_0477.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 2,384
  • DSC_0478.jpg
    DSC_0478.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 1,855
  • DSC_0487.jpg
    DSC_0487.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 1,570
Last edited:
Thanks, i've got the oil on its way to me so should be able to start her up this week. Just need to make all the last few bits and the seat then i can ride it.#Once i know its all running ok and i don't need to cut and reposition anything off the frame that i've welded on then i'll powdercoat it and get the bodywork painted.
:-D

Yes I've done a few jobs and picked up some handy trades and skills. I used to be a blacksmith, fabricator welder and motorcycle mechanic at a tuning shop. All the works been done by hand with just a terrible gasless mig, angle grinder and hand tools lol. I have a huge list for when I win the lottery.

Posted via Mobile

looks good haga41cat

about to go for an rs125 front end as well but keeping the original wheel

cant wait to see it finished ..where abouts in the uk are you based?

Hey Redratbike, im not far from you im in worthing in west sussex.
The RS yoke fits straight on you just need to change the bottom bearing, I think off the top of my head its 48x25x15 Im not sure the thickness here is the correct size I'll check it tho for you.

Have you got any pics of yours up on here?

Posted via Mobile

Hey Redratbike, im not far from you im in worthing in west sussex.
The RS yoke fits straight on you just need to change the bottom bearing, I think off the top of my head its 48x25x15 Im not sure the thickness here is the correct size I'll check it tho for you.

Have you got any pics of yours up on here?

Posted via Mobile

worthing yep not too far away...theres a guy near you doing some nice chops hardup choppers at polegate

mines a heap at the moment as bought...just got it ruunning after sitting for 10 years just getting a pile of parts together so i can start the build

got an unrusty tank coming,got some old megaphone exhausts,forks coming this week and a seat unit then i can rip it apart..possibly going for a monoshock rear as well ..like you scouring ebay..its a budget build and wont be winning any shows..lol

Welcome haga41cat, that bike looks a killer, get a 400 engine in there as you might be a bit dissapointed at the performance!

what mods did you do for the swing arm? could have done with that when I was dry building the tracker!

did my welding with an ancient arc welder I got many many moons ago from exchange and Mart!

Welcome to the forum haga41cat :thumbsup: Good to see another UK member and another with a RS125 front end. Great looking bike and I would really like to hear it running with those exhausts.

Im about to push the start button!!! Don't know whats worse the excitement or redbull thats making my heart go!
Please fire and no crunch noises, I've waited 1 1/5 years to hear this project fire up!!!!:yikes:

Posted via Mobile

WOOHOO!!!!! Runner, :-D had a few hick ups to start with like massive petrol leak to which I then remembered when I built them 2 years ago I needed to buy a main jet and the gaskets which I had luckily. Then I had no spark which was a dirty contact, and finally swap the points wires round as they're off a different model so don't match loom. It tried to blow the carbs off when it fired when the intake valve opened.
Swapped it over kicked it over and fired 3rd go.

Chuffed is an understatement! :-D

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Well done mate :thumbsup:

Me and Mark (redratbike) will probably be hitting you up for some advice on these RS front ends after I cock mine up and Mark stops laughing at me.

Pictures are nice, but once it's going we want VIDEO.

Well done again mate, you must be chuffed.

Caddy :bike:

Well done mate :thumbsup:

Me and Mark (redratbike) will probably be hitting you up for some advice on these RS front ends after I cock mine up and Mark stops laughing at me.

Pictures are nice, but once it's going we want VIDEO.

Well done again mate, you must be chuffed.

Caddy :bike:

I can't believe how much random info I store in my head, just checked and I was right with the bottom bearing size for RS yoke, it is 48x25x15 I cost me about £7 on ebay.

Plus I filed 1mm off the bottom of the head stock but it didn't need it in the end. Use the original bearing on the top and the rest is easy.........just bolt her on.

Happy modding peeps!

Posted via Mobile

I can't believe how much random info I store in my head, just checked and I was right with the bottom bearing size for RS yoke, it is 48x25x15 I cost me about £7 on ebay.

Plus I filed 1mm off the bottom of the head stock but it didn't need it in the end. Use the original bearing on the top and the rest is easy.........just bolt her on.

Happy modding peeps!

Posted via Mobile

thanks hagacat

just waiting for the postman to turn up ..got the spindle,new wheel bearings and yokes..forks andcaliper on their way ..just need that taper bearing and i'm good to go

Back