XS400 Bobber build/first post

HI-JACK!!!! HI-JACK!!! lol jk. i might be using my dads old one. gotta get it from my uncle first. and see if its the right one. he crashed twice in it. gotta have good carma cuz it saved him right? ...i hope... lol

HI-JACK!!!! HI-JACK!!! lol jk. i might be using my dads old one. gotta get it from my uncle first. and see if its the right one. he crashed twice in it. gotta have good carma cuz it saved him right? ...i hope... lol
Hijack smijack!!! Haha You gonna repaint the one you use? I wanna match mine to the bike, whenever I make up my mind about the paint that is! Lol

haha skillz. touche well played.:laugh:
and ill prob shoot this one with clear to take off the shitty burned through marks from
when i removed the stickers. then maybe some scallops and keep the flake showing. or ill stop at the clear because itll clash agaiont a black bike and "POP" more
as for my dads, im keeping it as is. road rash and all. his is a full face with a shield from the 80's:thumbsup:

Last edited:
haha skillz. touche well played.:laugh:
and ill prob shoot this one with clear to take off the shitty burned through marks from
when i removed the stickers. then maybe some scallops and keep the flake showing. or ill stop at the clear because itll clash agaiont a black bike and "POP" more
as for my dads, im keeping it as is. read rash and all. his is a full face with a shield from the 80's:thumbsup:
Sounds good to me.

haha...its all good...I'm glad to be back on here to bust yer balls if nothing else!!

they say a crashed helmet is no good safety -wise...but you probably already knew that.
As far as clear...you can get a pretty good rattle can clear at the body supply shops....it spray pretty quick..runs pretty easy...but if your good with it ...it shines like a mother

yeah, ive cleared stuff with it before, my spray paint doesnt usually run, and i prepped it with 320 grit dry, do i have to use 400 wet to get a good surface adhesion?

well the bore is the same, and if the ring is a little too big, a can always use some emery cloth right? 20 bucks seems a lot better than sixty, bluss my oil ring is fine and spinning freely. my compression rings were shot

I'm no machinist, but piston ally is pretty soft, so there won't be much pressure whilst the groove is being opened.
Anyway this is pure conjecture as the rings you get may fit or too loose:umm:

saw an add on CL for a semi running dt250 from 197? sent him an email. i wanna pick it up for the tank and forks and such things. or fix it for something to zip zip around on at work? o yeah did i mention its $70!!?!?!?!?!!?

so my question is, would that tank fit on the stock backbone?

didnt get the bike. dude already sold it. but i took my engine and new case to my dads work saturday and put it in the hot tank to get cleaned. came out lookin pretty clean. :) less scrubbing i gotta do. i took the gear selector drum and the shifter forks and everything out of the old case and put it into the new one. gonna get a gasket kit soon so i can start rebuilding!

any advice on a battery to run and wiring for a headlight with a low high and off position switch, tail light with on/off switch (will double as brake light), coils, and unifersal ignition from auto zone. the bike is kick only. i need help, im a wiring doofus and would electrocute my self if i tried to do it without any help. lol

Back