1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

XS400 carb main jets

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Philip Gour, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Philip Gour

Philip Gour XS400 New Member

Finally got the BS34 carbs cleaned up, ultrasound cleaned and all of the parts, but have a question about the main jets. The main jets in the manual indicate that they are different sizes (right to left). The rebuild kits that I have ordered have completely different size numbers. Can anyone give a little insight into the correct mains to use. I will be installing filter pods as the kids who had the bike previously trashed the air box.
    Thanks

2. CaptChrome

CaptChrome XS400 Addict

I'd go with the stock size jets for starters and use only jets that are either from Mikuni or some other well known provider (like Jets R Us). After you try those out, you can then try going up a size on the mains and pilots incrementally to test whether they work better. Jets are pretty cheap, so it isn't a big money sink, just a time sink.

Hasty likes this.