1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Xs400 enduro/hybrid

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MILLENNIUM FALCON, Feb 1, 2012.

1. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

very nice, shame to get it dirty :)

2. I know but that is what its for. I have the cafe racer for when I feel like polishing something. :)

3. vectra

vectra XS400 Addict

very nice ..... but needs to be coverd in mud to make for a good day's rideing :bike:

4. OleDoc

OleDoc FREEBIRDS MC Central NY

dude i'll say it again.WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

5. Sorry its been so long since i updated my build. I still need to get it running right but at least it is running. I took it for a little ride tonight and it didnt run half bad. It sounds amazing when your going through the gears. The brakes and suspension felt good. I was quite pleased. It was dark out so I didn't go very far. In the daylight once I know its going to stay running I will take it on a little bit longer ride and try to take a ride video. Here are a few pics and a video of my progress. Ps, it sounds much better in person :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Bad Ass ! Sounds amazing !

7. I put 50miles on her today! Rode the back roads to the bike shop and.........(drum role)....... Passed Inspection! We are good to go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  8. drewpy

can you complete the IMG tag at the front of the line with a ] this will then show the pictures

9. Thanks, i didnt realize they didnt work.....ooops

10. FUBAR

FUBAR XS400 Addict

this things bad ass!

11. drewpy

wow, that's so sick! loving the infill covers at the side makes it solid.

good job :thumbsup:

12. karatekid1194

karatekid1194 XS400 Enthusiast

Iowa
    That is so insanely cool!

13. karatekid1194

karatekid1194 XS400 Enthusiast

Iowa
    I'd say he could always throw some nifty street tires on there and go supermoto instead?!

14. lhaolpa

lhaolpa XS400 Junkie

Yeah,or some good dual purpose tires,so you can go anywhere.Those knobbies aren't safe at all on the street,especially cornering. lha

15. The front is a metzler karoo. I have never used one before but it is the factory tire on several dual sports so i figure it cant be to bad. Now as for the rear... It is a shinko 255 trail pro. It feels a little squishy but very grippy. So far they feel pretty solid. I have talked to a few guys that have run them on the street with good results. They are DOT rated tire. I Don't plan on doing any long street rides but we will see how they measure up. I will be taking it easy. I had kenda track master II's on my old bike. Now they were scary in the corners. :)

16. Rumbaldi

Rumbaldi XS400 Enthusiast

Done. I really like that TX650 but your build is more original and to me cooler.

17. Thanks man. I really appreciate it.

18. frwinks

frwinks XS400 Addict

19. PT_247

PT_247 XS400 Enthusiast

out of interest, what is the seat height on that now?